Wow...I can't believe it...Rich surprised me this Friday with a surprise Birthday party with my DC friends! Rich has always said I'm IMPOSSIBLE to surprise and I just figured maybe he wasn't good at planning a surprise, but he pulled it off and I was shocked!!!
Here's what I thought was going on...
Leah had asked me if I wanted to do a girl's night with the Bethesda crew for Friday to do some bday celebrating. Most of the ladies were busy, so Leah and I decided to do a double date with our hubbies and grab some dinner. Leah suggested we go to Mellow Mushroom because she hadn't been to the DC one yet and also wanted to show Andy (her husband) our apartment since he hadn't seen it yet. Totally bought it! Kim had planned a night out with our DC friends to celebrate my bday Saturday night. She wouldn't tell me where we were going or what we were doing, but told me to be ready Saturday night at 7:45pm . Again...totally bought it! All week, I was really looking forward to the weekend and seeing my friends. I wasn't AT ALL suspicious of anything out of the ordinary. Friday rolls around and knowing that we were expecting company, I cleaned the apartment. Rich loves it when we have company because I put away all of my mess that usually accumulates. Leah and Andy met us at our apartment, but couldn't find parking, so we decided to just park in the garage right by Mellow Mushroom. I asked if Andy wanted to pop in and still see the apartment. Rich tried to brush it off, but I said we could have him run in real quick. We parked the car and Andy and Rich dropped me and Leah outside of the parking garage. I wanted to go ahead and walk to Mellow Mushroom so we could put our names down, but Rich insisted we wait for them. He was really persistent about us walking together to the restaurant which I thought was a little bit strange. We were freezing and I didn't understand why he was being so weird about it, but we waited. I put our name down on the wait list at Mellow Mushroom and Rich said he found a spot at the bar where we could wait. We headed to the bar and it was completely full. I STILL had no clue. Right as I tried to tell Rich the bar was full I heard SURPRISE.....and saw a table full of friends in the back...HE TOTALLY PULLED IT OFF!!!!
The real story...
Leah had mentioned to Rich right around Halloween that she wanted to do something for my Birthday. Rich suggested a surprise party. He then coordinated the whole shebang. Leah purposely asked me to get together Friday night and had everyone say they were busy so that she could suggest we just hang out in DC. Rich had Kim pretend we were going out Saturday night in DC so I wouldn't be suspicious. Rich also told me that Andy wanted to see our apartment (when in reality he could care less) so that I would clean because Mary and John (another surprise from Richmond!) were staying with us and he didn't know how else to get me to clean. I still can't believe it...I had NO IDEA!
It was such a fun night and I had a blast. We had dinner and drinks at Mellow Mushroom and then headed to Muzette to sing karaoke in a private karaoke room. SO MUCH FUN!!!
I seriously feel so blessed to have such amazing friends in my life and most importantly for Rich. He made me feel so special this year and truly went above and beyond. I couldn't have asked for a better husband and best friend.
Thank you to everyone who helped me celebrate and made me feel so loved this year! I love you all :) xoxo
Pictures soon I promise!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment