Friday, November 4, 2011

Puck Head

This week I went to my first Caps Game in DC!
When I told my friends from DC that I was going to my first Caps game they all looked at me like I had 3 heads and said, "REALLY????" DC loves them some Capitals! Going to the game was slightly work-related and I went with my manager. We had the privilege of watching the game in a Suite...it was pretty sweet! ;) I hadn't been to a hockey game in years...I'm talking since I was on the Storm Squad circa 2002!

Oh...the good ole days. (sigh) I loved being on the Storm Squad: running on the ice with strap on cleats, slinging shirts, standing on the vom rails and cheering on the team, running promotions and interacting with the fans...it was a blast! Plus, I was able to form a bond with some amazing ladies on the squad.

The Caps won with only a few seconds left on the clock against the Anaheim Ducks. Guess they didn't get the "Flying V" memo??? We had a blast at the game and it definitely brought back a lot of great memories. Even though I really enjoyed myself, I will ALWAYS be a Caniac and the Capitals will always be the Crapitals in my mind ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment